Monday, February 24, 2014

General update about "stuff"....


I just thought I should let you guys know that we are in the middle of a computer conversion.

Windows announced at the end of last year that they will stop supporting Windows XP (our operating system) in April and our computers are.... well.... a little dated, so we got new ones.

BUT, we are open EVERY DAY until Easter and we can't afford to wait so the conversion is going on during business hours. I'm sorry, but I'm just not a "night owl" and I'm the entire "IT Department" (well, when Dad is out of town!! :D ).

Why am I telling you this?

Because for a little while, we will only have one register. 

With our brandy new computers, one of our peripherals decided it was going to give up the ghost, so I need to buy a new pole display. I can't just run to Target to grab one and it's illegal to run a POS system without one, so.... only 1 for now. BUT, it's the new one and so should be fast and we are excited to have sound again! (We have been silent since we reopened)

Also, if you see computer equipment all over our counters and floors, or see me crawling around on the floor under the counters, or dust on my pants... that is why!!!

Thanks in advance for your understanding!! It should be done within maybe a week or two at the most...  All else is "Business as usual"

(PS - this is one of my LEAST FAVORITE "job duties", but is part of the "glamour" of owning your own business!! lol!)


Updated 2/27/14:
I found the part that we need for the other register on ebay for only $50. (YAY!)

Also, there seems to be some small bug in the system. We are trying to figure out if it is the computers or the program, but if the register sits idle for too long, the receipt won't print and the drawer won't open until we reboot the computer. We are trying to narrow down the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment